iTero Scanner – Digital Impressions – Speed, Accuracy & ComfortTorrance, CA
Steve S. Kim, DDS is proud to offer iTero Digital Impressions for our patients. Unpleasant putty impressions are a thing of the past with the iTero Digital system!
For patients who are candidates for Invisalign aligners, an accurate impression is essential for effective treatment. The accuracy and detail of the iTero scan vs a putty impression is comparable to watching HDTV over standard definition TV.
The iOC Scanner captures the contours of tooth and gingival structures, producing an accurate digital scan in minutes. This non-invasive procedure is ideal for patients undergoing treatment with Invisalign and clear aligners. No unpleasant putty material traditionally associated with taking impressions.
How ITero Works
The iTero handheld wand takes a digital, 3D image of your prepared teeth, stopping as needed. The wand is non-invasive, and you can breathe and swallow as needed during the procedure. If you need to move or adjust, you can do so – the accuracy of the handheld wand is first-rate. Needing to “re-do” impressions is rare. Plus, you can look at the iTero 3D image on the screen in real-time as the orthodontist moves the wand!
Instead of shipping impressions to the lab to be scanned, the digital image of your teeth is sent electronically to the lab and is available in the Invisalign Clincheck system the very next day. This 3D model of your mouth can be used with all Invisalign services – including the Invisalign Outcome Simulator, which shows what your new smile might look like after treatment is completed.
View the video below to learn more about the iTero scanning process:
Benefits of iTero
- Eliminates Putty Impressions – the most invasive procedure in daily Invisalign care. No more goopy, unpleasant aftertaste of traditional impressions. An increase in your comfort!
- Superior Accuracy – with no distortion from patient movement during set, removal of impression, or disinfection.
- Onscreen Visualization – allows for immediate adjustment to create the ideal dental scan the first time. The iTero image appears on the screen as we scan your mouth in real time!
- Single Use Imaging Shield – to ensure maximum cleanliness
Scheduling your appointment is as easy as calling our Steve S. Kim, DDS team in Torrance at (310) 539-5300.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long does it take an Invisalign dentist to straighten teeth?
A. The treatment length depends on the severity of the problem. Slight misalignments take less time, while more significant issues take longer. Our team can offer a more precise estimate during consultation.
Q. Is teeth straightening only about a great smile?
A. Straighter teeth can lead to better oral health. When teeth are crooked, people can find it difficult to clean some areas properly. Having straighter teeth should help people clean their teeth more easily and thoroughly.
Q. Do aligners hurt?
A. Patients may feel discomfort for the first few days with each new aligner. The treatment design shifts teeth with each new aligner. Patients will feel the most pressure at the start of each new position, but this signifies that the treatment is progressing.
Q. How should I clean my aligners?
A. Patients can choose to use the Invisalign cleaning system or brush the aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush and clear liquid soap. Avoid using hot water, which may warp the trays. It is also important to soak the trays every day for 15 to 30 minutes.
Q. Will I have to wear a retainer?
A. Although Invisalign moves teeth differently from traditional metal braces, the results are still the same. After treatment, a retainer will prevent teeth from shifting back out of alignment. Patients can discuss retainers with our team for more information.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
Call Us Today
Invisalign treatment is a great alternative to metal braces to achieve straighter, healthier-looking teeth. Our team at Steve S. Kim, DDS can help. Call us today at (310) 539-5300 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- Invisalign®. How Invisalign Works. 2022
- Invisalign®. Take the Smile Assessment. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business, license, and website security
- Steve S. Kim, DDS was established in 2010.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Torrance, Hawthorne, Rancho Parlos Verdes, Parlos Verdes Estates, Redondo Beach, Carson, Lomita, and Gardena
- CA (License #46084). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1053626556). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
You may have heard about dental implants as a solution for a missing tooth, but did you know they can replace multiple missing teeth as well? This guide provides you with all of the information you should know about dental implants before you decide whether or not they are appropriate for your teeth replacement needs.Dental…
You can have a smile makeover if you want to improve your smile. Talking to your dentist about your goals can create a good treatment plan. Your dentist can transform your smile with the right procedures. If you want to know more about the smile makeover treatments available, here are the details.This smile makeover can…
Are you considering Invisalign® as an option for straightening your teeth? This popular teeth straightening method, also known as clear aligners, is becoming increasingly popular thanks to its convenience and comfort. In this blog post, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of clear aligners and how to decide if it is the right teeth-straightening…
The local dental center might not be a favorite place to visit, but it is vital for maintaining oral health. If you have not had an appointment with a dentist for a while, you may have forgotten what takes place during a dental checkup. This can be especially helpful if you have any anxiety about…
For some people, the idea of getting dentures can be a scary prospect. If you are in this situation, it may mean that you have lost most or all of your teeth. This could have happened because they were severely decayed or many of them were damaged in a serious accident. Regardless of why you…